Sunday, May 16, 2010
1. Lazy: If I lounge around all day doing nothing, who cares? The lazier the better. A long drooling nap is practically a requirement.
2. Selfish: I'm going to do only what I want to do with my time and I don't care what anyone else thinks about that. It's all about meeeeee!
3. Naughty: Unlimited carbs, red meat, decadent desserts, martinis - calories don't count on a solo retreat.
4. Disconnected: That's right - no computer, internet, social networking, television, bills, gossip, or news. Life will continue on without me while I'm away, and will be there waiting for me when I get back.
5. Reckless: I might just stay up really late, like past 10pm. Or explore an unknown hiking trail and see where it takes me. Or eat at a restaurant that is not recommended or thoroughly researched. Or take my chances and not set my alarm in order to wake up in time for the complimentary breakfast. Or buy a piece of local art from an unknown artist. No agenda or schedule! That's me, so wild and crazy like that.
6. Forgetful: It's a time to escape and forget my fears, worries, stresses, responsibilities, doubts, frustrations, to-do lists, and expectations.
7. Discriminate: I will go with an open mind, but only do things that make me happy, relaxed, content, and true to myself.
8. Criminal: It would be a crime to not get the most out of my retreat, no matter what I do or don't do. I cannot beat myself up, rob myself of this opportunity, or steal away from a good attitude. I must rehabilitate any feelings of loneliness, doubt, or self sabotage and replace them with contentment, confidence, and empowerment.
9. Envy: Knowing that most of my friends don't ever get this wonderful chance to take a trip alone like this and probably wish they could do it, too, I consider myself a lucky woman, but will remember to remain humble.
I am blessed and grateful for my very supportive husband, mom, and friends, plus the financial means and available time to go. Ultimately, it's truly a loving gift I am giving myself, one that I can't wait to open and enjoy.
Posted by Daria